Anyone who has puzzled over installing a wireless printer in the office knows one thing for certain: computer issues are the most perplexing of all business problems. Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone available to fix computing issues as they arise?
The field of IT Support arose from the common issues that businesses face with technology, and IT Support professionals help companies cope with hardware and software issues every day.
And yet, what is the best way to approach IT support?
Consider the diversity of businesses in the marketplace today. Some companies don’t require a daily monitoring of their technology systems, and problems rarely arise. Other companies utilize a vast network of systems that require a variety of technical knowledge in order to keep potential issues at bay. And there are plenty of companies that lie somewhere between the two, technologically speaking.
Fortunately, companies don’t have to have a dedicated staff position for addressing computer issues. Outsourcing is a common practice for all sorts of business functions, and IT Support is among the most outsourced. As an outsourced support provider, an IT professional can help a business to keep their technology systems running smoothly while also helping the company to toe the line on operating costs.
Whether billed on an as-needed basis or as a flat monthly fee, outsourced IT support can help a business to maintain both the integrity of their computer systems as well as their operating budget. But hiring an IT Support firm requires careful consideration.
Consider the following questions when hiring an IT Support firm:
- How many years have they been in business?
- How many employees do they have? Do they have the staff to cover your business, especially if you have multiple locations?
- Do they have a physical office that you can tour?
- Can they provide references? Can you find online reviews of their company?
- Do their service hours mirror your business hours?
- What is their guaranteed response time?
- What is their response time for emergencies?
- Are they able to provide remote support?
- Will they monitor your systems and anticipate issues?
- Will you have a dedicated assigned rep and/or technician?
- What certifications do their technicians hold, and do they provide ongoing education for their employees?
- How many years’ experience, on average, do their technicians have?
- Do they have experience in your field of business and/or your systems?
- Do they track their service performance and provide reports?
- What is their fee/billing structure? Do they charge an hourly rate or a flat fee?
- Do they provide for an early termination of contract?
To be sure, this list of considerations is quite lengthy. But it’s also very thorough, and if you are considering giving access to your sensitive data to an outsourced firm, you must seek out the answers to each of these questions.
Lieberman Technologies can answer each of these questions and provide you with IT Support that meets your company’s unique requirements. Call me, Jeff Brown, at 812.434.6648 or send me an email at Jeff.Brown@LTnow.com and let Lieberman Technologies provide your company with the IT support it needs.
Lieberman Technologies provides IT Support to the Evansville, Newburgh, Henderson, and Tri-State area.
Article #1 in a Series